Dancing Queen Takes a Digger

Here's a funny, but not so funny at the time story - LOVE getting older...


Last fall I was at my brother-in-law's wedding. My husband was in the wedding and the wedding was at 2 p.m. in the afternoon with a 5 p.m. reception time. No naps for kids so they were having meltdowns at regular intervals. I was frazzed by the time the reception got underway. At about 9:30 I was dancing with son in my arms on the dance floor (to ABBA's "Dancing Queen" which is a fun song!) - my husband with our daughter and I must have tried a "special" move and my knee went out. My husband's cousin is an urgent care dr. in nearby town and she basically said that I have a bruised knee and stretched the ligaments, etc. So was on crutches and had a knee brace. And I'm friggin' old, clearly. My new sister-in-law called to see how I was and she said I was one of 3 people that fell that night. One was drunk, but we and one of her aunt's weren't.


I'm done with weddings for awhile. And if I go, no kids. I'm on the verge of getting anxiety meds. I've given birth to two kids, had my gall bladder out and this is the worst. I managed to shower sitting on a plastic lawnchair. Hey, I'm clean, but that's not an experience I'd like to repeat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roll the Dice

Fame

What Would You Rather?